For those of you who have been
keeping up with my WORD FOR A MONTH prayer
you may think I forgot all about my monthly word.
Actually I didn't, although it is true
that I have failed to post some of them.
So how about a little review.
- January: the word was VESSEL, with emphasis on allowing myself to be poured out for others.
- February: SIMPLICITY, reminding myself of how clutter oppresses me. It was an attempt to keep my mind, my heart and my space uncluttered.
- March: During this month I tired to be grateful and present to the wonder of my HANDS.
- April: During this month I reflected deeply on the importance of GRIEF in our lives.
- May: This was the month when I put forth much effort be present and live in the PRESENCE.
- June: RESILIENCE, After weathering the storms of the seasons I became aware of how much springing-back power nature has and I wished the same for myself.
- July: The word, RESILIENCE, didn't want to leave me so I allowed it to stay for the month of July.
- August, SILENCE entered into my life during this month. I encouraged it with much enthusiasm.
- September: WILD, UNTAMED visited me during September. I tried to get in touch with those undomesticated parts of my life, my original self.
- October: As I write this, leaves are beginning to fall. I chose the word, SURRENDER, asking my whole self to let go of what is no longer needed.
- November will be MINDFULNESS.
- December, PEACE.
Think of a journal that is empty. The pages are waiting for your words. Each year is somewhat like that. The hours, days, weeks, months await your words, your dreams, your actions. The 2014 year of prayer calendar is offering you 12 words for your pilgrimage through the year.
Write on your heart
that every day is the best day of the year!
~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~