Although we are already 5 days into the new year this seems to be a perfect time to wish everyone a Happy New Year. Not too late; not too early! The year is new enough that we still forget, at times, to write 2010 instead of 2009 --- but not so new that we haven’t already stumbled over a few of our resolutions--------which brings me around to the theme of this blog entry: I don’t do Resolutions anymore. I have Wishes. Resolutions I can break; Wishes I just keep on having. It is as though they are renewed and not broken. I am listing here some of my wishes for the new year. You may have a few of your own that you would like to share with us.
- I wish I could be faithful to a daily discipline of writing.
- I wish I could surrender all actions that give grief to others.
- I wish to replace all my judgments of others with love.
- I wish to wear compassion as a favorite robe.
- I wish to be a person of peace.
- I wish to be free even from violent thoughts.
- I wish to live joyfully surrendered to the moment.
- I wish I could read just one book at a time.
- I wish the Word of God would utterly take root in me.
- I wish I would look like another Christ.
- I wish I could see as God sees.I wish to be pure gratitude.
- Like Alice in Wonderland I wish to believe six impossible things before breakfast.
I can’t exactly break these wishes but each time I disappoint myself I can look on them with love and breathe on them again for I happen to believe Spirit is in my breath. Resolutions or wishes? Ok, I realize they are essentially the same. I’m just using different language. Remember, I love changes. HAPPY NEW YEAR