Thursday, March 14, 2013

What More Can I Say?


WHAT MORE CAN I SAY?



"I had found living so dear I wanted to do it full time." 


quote taken from THE BARN AT THE END OF THE WORLD 
by Mary Rose O’Reilly       


What more can I say,  indeed!  You are a temple of God; the Spirit of God dwells in you!  Pray with your whole being.  Use your hands and arms and feet and knees, mind and heart.  Your entire body can be a living prayer.  I know that everything in the world is not perfect.  I know about the pain, the violence, the wars, the scandals.  I know about death. Still, in the midst of our wounds we are invited to celebrate life.  In the midst of everything that is wrong with our world, let's celebrate what is right.

The Glory of God is a person fully alive, St. Irenaeus writes.  If he had that figured out in the 2nd century maybe we should give it our best.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment