Monday, February 15, 2010

FALLING IN LOVE, STAYING IN LOVE

I know that Lent is just around the corner; but I can't get my mind off Valentine's Day!


“Nothing is more practical
than finding God,
that is, than falling in love
in a quite absolute, final way.

What you are in love with,
what seizes your imagination,
will affect everything.

It will decide what will
get you out of bed in the mornings,
what you will do with your evenings,
how you spend your weekends,
what you read, who you know,
what breaks your heart, and
what amazes you with joy
and gratitude.

Fall in love, stay in love,
and it will decide everything.”

-Fr. Pedro Arrupe, SJ





1 comment:

  1. This is IT. This Lent, I hope to fall madly, irreversibly, forever in love with Godde. I was going to add -- whatever it takes. But this may just be too pretentious.
    Yes, to live and act out of love...
    This is definitely a good reason to get out of bed.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete